Distance Learning Plan due to COVID-19
I know that this is a surreal situation but I know we will get through this together. I truly miss seeing your children and our little community of learners each day. In order for them to continue progressing in the classroom, I have decided to use Seesaw as our distance learning platform. I feel that this will allow parents, students and myself to engage in conversations and discussions while being able to have the students upload their work online. It will be important that parents and students are checking Seesaw each day to ensure there is continous communication between all of us. With that being said here is an outline of what to expect during distance learning:
* Please upload the Seesaw classroom app or access the site from the link on websites for kids tab on this page. Go to the I'm a Student tab and either scan the QR code I have sent or put in the text code
* Upload the Get Epic app or access the site from the link on websites for kids tab on this page. I sent an email to connect with our class page. I can resend it if you need. We will be using this website for kids to read books and complete responses as part of their learning.
* There will be 2 rounds of class work each week. The first round will be assigned each Monday morning at 9am via Seesaw. Students will need to have work completed and uploaded to Seesaw by 3pm each Wednesday. The second round will be assigned each Wednesday at 9am via Seesaw. Students will need to have work completed and uploaded to Seesaw by 3pm each Friday. This is a trial run so I can always adjust it if needed.
* I will video lessons and expectations of work for the students to upload each on Monday and Wednesday. I will also be recording reading so students can follow with the Storytown book. Some stories will be recorded for students to follow along digitally.
* Go Math pages will be assigned and students will need to complete this and I will collected the books at a later date. Math extension activities will be assigned through Seesaw and will be able to be uploaded using Seesaw.
* I will be available from 9 to 3 each day but will have office hours each day from 10:00 to 11:00 and 1:00 to 2:00 to answer questions, give feedback and help out. You can contact me on Seesaw or email me.
* For students who recieve Title 1 services, Mrs. Nelson is now linked onto my Seesaw account and will be checking in via Seesaw and phone calls to give support and assistance.
Remember that you are your child's first teacher and you have taught them many skills over the years. I am confident that we can make this happen and with support/teamwork your child will continue to learn and grow. Like always email or message me on Seesaw with any questions or concerns.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Seesaw