Please check out the new addition of TFK below. Maybe make a Treasure Hunt of your own for practice! You can look for proper nouns, common nouns, verbs, adjectives, pronouns, prepositions and prepositional phrases! See how well your IXL skills are keeping your skills sharp! This is also in Google Classroom: Click Mrs. Wipplinger's LA and Social Studies, click Classwork across the top margin, click TFK under Social Studies.
Here are some discussion questions about the video in Storyworks. Practice answering orally or on paper in COMPLETE SENTENCES! This is just for practice, but may be an assignment later! You can also find this on Google Classroom, but make sure you access the instuctions tab: Click Mrs. Wipplinger's LA and Social Studies, click Classwork across the top margin, click the assignment under Language Arts.
Added Language Arts IXL Skills:
1. N's = Analyizing Informational Texts
2. P's = Introductions and Conclusions
I really do miss all of your smiling faces! Keep up the good work!
See below for updates on how my distance learning classroom will operate:
I will be posting on this lesson page and Google Classroom frequently with updates and assignments.
I will be available for contact via email 8:00 - 12:00 M-F
My Office Hours at home will be 9:00 - 3:00 M - F
Supplies and Materials
- If your students need paper, Storyworks Magazine, TFK (if hard copy issue has arrived), ILJ's, or pencils during the week of April 6-10 for our extended closure, they will be available at the front door at the office labeled "4W" beginning Monday, April 6th.
- Physical materials are not to be brought back to the school until further notice. To hand in assignments you may submit via Google Classroom, or send me a photo via email.
Google Classroom Tutorial for Students and Parents
I have attached some links below to help families with your our on line learning platform of your Google Classroom.
If you don't join my class through your invite you must join by using the class code: st3fqsr
- Google Classroom Tutorial for Parents and Students
- The Parent Guide to Google Classroom
- Google Classroom 101
Beginning on April 6th, all assignments will have due dates. As of now I am making that every Friday.
Beginning on April 6th, all assignments will be graded. I will continue to grade assignments as a %. IXL Skills will be graded using SMARTSCORES so make sure assigned skills for each week are completed by Friday. I will also give participation points if I ask for particular reponses. Grades will be posted on Infinite campus as usual and can be accessed through your parent portal. Here is the link below.
You can access Google Classroom, IXL, Storyworks, and TFK from the links below. Make sure you are logging in with your passwords for Google Classroom and IXL. In Storyworks you click "I'm A Student" and readcamp04.
- Fourth-grade title students will have access to our amazing Para, Wendy Curry, from 1 PM to 2 PM
Special Education Assistance
- Fourth-grade special education students will have access to another fantastic Para, Kathy Benton.